Sunday, April 22, 2012

17 days

How can there be so little time between right now at this moment and the time that I graduate?  I sometime feel like my life is spinning out of control and I can't seem to figure out how to hold onto the wheel.  It has been an up and down roller coaster just this past week, and I don't know when I am going to get off.

At one moment I have having the time of my life, looking forward to graduation and my future (whatever that may be), but then I think the higher the hill, the greater the fall, and the more hurt.  I feel as if my life is so crazy right now with school that I am letting my family down, I don't give enough time to them.  I am at home and awake, but that is usually the time that they are all in bed already.

There are moments that I have a smile on my face because this is what I have been working for, graduating from college. But at other times it almost feels as if there are tears in my eyes because everything that I have worked for, everything that I have done at IPFW will all be coming to an end in 17 days. It is like leaving a past self behind.

Four years ago I started a group and we were small at first

First event for Students for Life - Chalk Walk Spring 2009

But just this January we took the biggest group to Washington D.C.

March for Life - January 2012

It is amazing with everything that has happened, and I know that it is time to let go of what I know and what is comfortable and move on. and I didn't expect it to be so hard.

I didn't expect it to be so hard.



3 comments:

diana said...

I understand the feeling. Cherish the time you've had and know that you are moving forward to new and exciting thing. And very impressive on your group! Definitely something to be proud of!!

Anne said...

Oh my goodness, Erin! This is incredible. I'm so proud of you and proud to know you.

Unknown said...

So blessed to what I have been able to be a part of for four years!