Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life Doesn't Wait

I think that this was one of the biggest things that I have learned through the years.  No matter what has happened in the past, no matter what you wish to happen in the future: life won't wait for you to live.  It doesn't matter if it is waiting for your crush to notice that you exist, it isn't waiting to make an impact on the world.  Life won't hold your hand through it all.

Life keeps moving even when you stop playing the game.  When I was younger we would play this game called Peanuts and it was like solitaire as a group, and we would always say time out to straighten the cards, or get something else.  But in life we don't get a time out, we just stop living, we stop moving our cards in the game, and we just decide to watch as the game keeps on going.

While sometimes it can be good to take a time out and get your breath, we can't get comfortable.  We become complacent and we stop caring.  And what type of life is that?

We can't sit around waiting for someone to notice you, we can't wait to be handed opportunities, we have to go out and find those opportunities.  Opportunities are like the pearl in an oyster, sometimes they aren't easy to find, but when you do, it is something special, something rare, and something to hold on to.

2 comments:

Travis said...

I never would have thought that I would end up reading your blog but it is very interesting to me now that we are together:)

Were you referring to me when you said "It doesn't matter if it is waiting for your crush to notice that you exist" and "We can't sit around waiting for someone to notice you, we can't wait to be handed opportunities, we have to go out and find those opportunities. Opportunities are like the pearl in an oyster, sometimes they aren't easy to find, but when you do, it is something special, something rare, and something to hold on to."

I'm glad things happen when they did and you are the perfect pearl and I will hold onto you forever:)

Erin.J.S said...

Yeah I think that I was writing about you ;-) And on one hand I am surprised that you are actually reading the blog, but on the other hand I am not all that surprised. Thanks for always making me smile :-) I miss you, and I can´t wait to tell you about my trip!