Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 1

I always start one of these things, and then after about a month or two give up.  That is why I have so many journals in my room.  But I thought that it would be fun to just share just some thought that I have every once and awhile.  Love it or hate it, I am not forcing you to read anything.

"Always keep the most important, the most important." - J. Fred Tone-

This was something that my High School Principle said at our awards dinner, my senior year.  I think that this is the only thing that totally stuck with me over these past 2 1/2 years.

I think that it means that realize what you care about and where your eithical compass is, and keep it headding in the right direction.  Maybe the right direction isn't our idea of a fun direction, but in the end we aren't on this world just for ourselves.  We need to get away from just caring about ourselves and start thinking about how our ripples affect those around us. 

What do you think J. Fred was trying to get at with this quote?

1 comment:

Diana said...

First, I'd like to take credit for calling him J.Fred.

Second, I think it means priorities. Life will throw a lot of stuff at you but at long as you keep the most important at the top, you'll be ok. =)

Good luck keeping up with the blog!