Monday, February 1, 2016

January Check In - 2016


Scheduling this post didn't work - obviously...

How are we saying adios to January already? I feel as if January was 'catch up from the holidays' around our house.  Outside of work, daycare and basketball, we didn't have many commitments.  I want to have monthly check ins to be able to look back and see how the kids grew up.  I have a feeling that time already seemed to go by fast, now with two, it is just going faster. 

Abigail

With the calendar saying February, our little one will be turning 2 in 2 months!  I guess I really can't call her little.  


Abigail playing xylophone


I think every day she grows a few inches.  At the beginning of January the middle of the kitchen table was still safe.  I can't say that anymore!  Every day she seems to be talking more and more.  

For being 22 months she is good at listening to directions.  Even if she gets in trouble for not listening, she will behave and sit on her chair for a little time out.  Not all of the time does she sit there, but more times then not, she will just sit there until we tell her that she can get up.  

She loves helping, change laundry (washer to dryer or dryer to basket), unpacking the silverware (after Mom takes the knives out!), and setting the table.  I'll enjoy this time where she likes to help!

Theodore

At the end of January our little man turned 3 months old already!  I feel like the first three months FLEW by!  

He is growing each day.  He holds his head up really well and enjoys 'play time'.  He is consistently sleeping through the night after I feed him at 9:30.  I know that not every mother of a three month old can claim that, so I will count my blessings!




Theodore decided that we couldn't flip the calendar without doing something new.  On the last day of the month he rolled over from belly to back three times! Things are going too quick! Other then that, he sleeps, poops, Eats, and spits-up.  Just maybe not in that order at all times.

Projects

Back in December I posted for the first time in a year, talking about how I am going to work on 16 projects in 2016.  While Mr. H doesn't think that it will happen, I still have that goal.  Lucky for me, many of the pieces go together once hung so I will be able to cross a few at the same time.  The biggest still is accumulating the materials on my occasional shopping trip and working the materials into the budget (eating Ramen Noodles every night would give me a bigger budget to work with!) 

--

I am so excited to be writing again!  Part of me tells me that I am crazy because I am balancing my regular job, kids, house, small part time gig, and now writing, but this is something that I have really missed.  Plus I think that it will keep me more accountable with my projects and some house ideas!

Until next time! 

1 comment:

diana said...

I'm glad you are writing again too! I love looking back at projects and what we did each month so I understand liking to have it recorded!