Thursday, August 28, 2014

Epic Fail...

Well this year has been a huge bust when it comes to my dreams of blogging this year.   I was thinking about writing posts about being pregnant and preparing for maternity leave, that didn't happen.  Then our little Abigail was born and I thought that I would be good and write about being in the hospital for almost 24 hours before having here and then monthly posts about what she has accomplished, that didn't happen.  (On a side note she is almost 5 months old already!).  Then I can back to work and then I thought that I would write posts about being a working mother and trying to find a good balance of everything, that hasn't happened.  You might be able to see where this is going, I had many ideas and never followed through with any of them.

I had all of these dreams for me blogging in 2014 but as of yet it hasn't happened.  Actually I don't think that I have posted since January when I talked about my goals... Cue the epic fail music.  I got so buried in work that I didn't seem to have time to write anything and then I would go home and be with my little family.  I also started to over analyze everything and started to think that I needed this whole business plan before I really committed to this blogging idea.  Instead I just read blogs and started to read more and more.

But today I want to come out of the hole that I have been in since January and really start working on my background plans for my future as a blogger.  As a business major I don't think that I can get around not having a plan.  There are many ideas going around in my head and to do something successfully, I believe, that you need a good plan and ideas before you start something.  I don't want to have a half baked cake.  So maybe this will all come together by 2015, maybe sooner.  Life is a bit unpredictable right now, while it is exciting it is also nerve wracking.

So no, I haven't forgotten about my blog.  I just become a victim of overthinking it.
I have just been busy with this little one :-)
who can say no to that face?

1 comment:

diana said...

It takes more time than people think to do a blog. And I love you having a business plan! Haha.