Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It is in a Moment

Yesterday Travis and I was blessed to have our first glimpse of our little one during our first ultrasound.  It is one wonderful thing to hear the baby's heartbeat at each of the appointments, but to finally see our baby's face for the first time...

It is a moment to see our baby yawn a few times, 
to stretch his/her little feet & legs, 
to see the little nose and little chin...

Baby's Profile
Holding Travis' hand as we see the technician measure the head, show us the heart and the heartbeat, measuring the legs and arms.  It is a moment that I will cherish.

It is in a moment where your husband comments that it is a blessing that the baby had two arms, two legs, one head, and 4 chambers beating in the heart.  Seeing Travis' smile, and seeing the look of pride he already has for his little one.

Taking joy in the simple blessings.  

Having a picture of the baby opening his/her mouth and eye and having a arm raised.  Almost looking like he/she was saying hello.

"For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well."
~ Psalm 139:13-14 ~

It is in a moment when Travis points out that it looks like the baby has my chin.  Moments when the technician hands you a row of photos from your appointment and tells you congratulations.   Walking out of the office holding Travis' hand, knowing that we are a family.

From Left: Baby's Leg, Baby 'Smiling' (aka. yawn), and Baby's chin
Those moments that we hold dear.  It is in those simple moments that you see the wonder of God working through your life, forming this precious gift of a child, with us.

2 comments:

Diana said...

How great is God! What a beautiful little miracle. But I'm sure he/she will look even better in another 20 weeks. =)

Unknown said...

He is amazing!! and yes, I am sure he/she will look even better in 20 weeks! (is it that soon already?!?!)