Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Growing Bump

Last week I finally broke down and pulled out the maternity pants.  My first thought that I thought was "Why was I holding out so long?" I thought that I wanted to get the most use out of my 'regular' work pants before I moved over to the maternity ones.  Then came our work Thank You dinner for our volunteers and I was so uncomfortable sitting down in those chairs for so long.  That night I told Travis that I was moving on.

The hardest part of the first morning was that I had to think about what I was going to wear.  I have had the same go-to outfits for work for some time and I knew what went together and what worked.  But now I have new clothes and I have to start thinking more about what goes together.  Just used more brain power than what I was used to for a early morning.

While my baby bump could be mistaken for more of a pudge then a baby bump, it is still much more comfortable to wear these maternity pants. While it took me much longer to get ready in the morning, I was happy how my first maternity outfit fit and looked.  I remind you that I am not a fashion savvy person.

I got my pants from Old Navy Maternity, Shirt from Old Navy Maternity, Sweater from Amazon (not maternity), and the scarf from Amazon.  I wanted to get some things that I could pair with maternity clothes that I would still be able to wear in a year and such.

While the mornings are harder currently because I don't always know what to wear, each day is getting a little easier.  I just realize though that I got many black shirts, doesn't give me much to work with when I wear black pants.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Nice outfit! You seem to have mastered the mirror selfie better than me!

Unknown said...

You don't know how many pictures I took to get this one... My light hits just at the spot where it makes using the mirror hard... But thanks, lol!