Monday, September 16, 2013

Why I love September

1. Football is Back!

Growing up in a houseful of girls football really wasn't a big thing to watch on Sunday's.  But then as I got older I watched it because my Dad was watching it.  It was something that we could do together (if you call me asking many questions and dad being patient enough to answer... when the play was over)

Was able to attend the opening game this year!
So ever since I started watching football the Colts were my team that I watched and you knew the fall was coming when you had football to watch on Sunday afternoons!

2. The weather is unpredictable

This September has already been really crazy!  How can we have the hottest day of the summer two days in a row (in the 90's!) and then the next day the high can only be in the mid 60's?  That is Indiana for you!  While that means that you have to pay attention to the weather in the morning before you know what would be reasonable to wear for the day.  While I love fall weather I am a bit crazy, because I am always cold...

3. Birthday Month!

In our house growing up we would always have birthday cake and ice cream for everyones birthday and in September that meant 3 cakes!  My sister Angela's on the 14th, mine on the 18th and then my mom's on the 27th.  
Was able to be home to celebrate Ang's Birthday on Saturday
While I am not living at the house anymore September has always been special with those birthday's.  Granted now April is taking over being the popular birthday month in our immediate family (at least 5, but I might be missing one...)

4. One more Nephew!

Us girls in the Sherburne family are really outnumbered!  I never really thought that it could happen, but now with brothers-in-law and nephews there are only 8 girls (Mom, 6 sisters, 1 niece) and 10 boys (Dad, Travis, 4 brothers-in-law, 4 nephews). 

can't get much cuter than that!
Somehow each time that I have seen little Thatcher I have forgotten to take a picture :-(  But that just tells you how cute he is!

-----

While I love September I think that I am still in denial that it is already September!  I keep asking myself what happened to May?

1 comment:

diana said...

I love September too and many of your reasons are why! Although not the birthday month one though...that's why July is my favorite month. =)