Monday, April 15, 2013

Taking me Back

I have decided that it is due time to start writing again.  Not like my life is really interesting, or that anyone would read this.  But I think that it helps also to provide clarity of mind.  Sometimes I think too much and all of my thoughts get jumbles and this helps a bit.

There has been too much going on since I last wrote, that I am not going to to a catch up piece, because that would almost take up toooo much time.  So we are going to start fresh.

Today at work we had Mass in our small chapel and I was transported back to Spain for World Youth Day almost two years ago.  This was my first big trip without my family, and it was across the ocean and I really didn't have contact with them other than the three times I blogged while on my trip and they had commented on the blog. And even though I was traveling with the Diocese, none of my close friends went, so it wasn't like any normal trip I had taken before.
The church we went to and what it looked on the outside - would you guess it was a church?
To say the least, I felt like I was a bit cut off from everyone. We traveled to Lourdes (which was amazing) and by the time that we got into Madrid a bit of home-sickness come on.  It was one of the first days there and I was having a bit of an off morning, not feeling like talking and interacting.  We had gone to this church in Madrid for English speakers and had a talk and then Mass.

One it was hot, two no air conditioning, and three we were in the loft area.... I was just trying to stay in my own little bubble.

Second level can be seen on the right
I was stuck....

But then came the point in the Mass that we said (one of the points that was changed in the new translation...) "Lord, I am not worthy to receive you but only say the word and i shall be healed." I was taken home and I felt like I was getting a big hug and that even though I was far away from everyone, I wasn't alone and they were right there with me.  I was across the ocean and we were able to hear the same Mass.

Even when we say the new part: "Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roofbut only say the word and my soul shall be healed."  I am taken back to that moment, when I remembered that I wasn't alone then, and I can never really ever be alone.  

There is comfort in that :-)

1 comment:

diana said...

That's such a nice thought!