Thursday, February 23, 2012

Trusting

Trusting is one of those things that we think that we all possess.  But do we really? How often do we spread around a secret? how often do we withhold information so that you don't trust the other person enough to help you carry your own life crosses.

Trust

During my morning prayer today there was a verse from Jeremiah, I believe. "Curse is the man who trusts in human beings, who seeks his strength in flesh.... Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose hope is in the Lord."

Now I know that this verse is not telling us that we should trust others, and we shouldn't place our trust in others.  But I think that what it is saying is that we can't truly place our trust in others unless we already have placed our trust in God.  We should turn to him first when we are having a bad day.

Who wouldn't want to be given comfort from God? Humans have been exposed to sin, we are imperfect. Even if we strive to do good.  The devil has a mighty hand upon the world.  But God is stronger and he trusts, and loves us enough to give us free will to choose him.

---

I could go on, but that would make this really long. Until Next time.

Happy Lent

2 comments:

Travis said...

If you want to know anything about me babe, just ask. You can even read my journal.

I love you and I trust you with all of my life...Past, Present, and Future.

Yours always and Forever

Erin.J.S said...

you know hot to make me smile. do you know that? I am so happy :-)